The word mantra comes from Sanskrit and means “tool/instrument of thought.”
Mantras are words or sounds with meaning, that are repeated over and over again. The goal is to create a positive energetic effect and a higher state of consciousness.
Mantras have been used for centuries for mind-body connection purposes, and can be a very powerful way to enter into a deep meditative state.
In fact, many practitioners use mantras (versus focusing on their breathing) to help them slip into a meditative state more easily.
If there is a part of your Self that you would like to attend to, you can select a mantra in relation to this area for nourishment.
For example, if you need stress relief then you could choose a mantra like the following:
- Breathe In: “I am grateful for my life” … Breathe Out: “I am letting go of stress”
- Breathe In: “Love” … Breathe Out: “Stress…”
Other Ideas for a Mantra
- “I am enough.”
- “I am loved.”
- “I allow…”
- “Compassion for others, compassion for thy self.”
- “I feel stronger and stronger each day.”
- “I co-create everything in my life.”
- “I am powerful beyond measure.”
- “In this moment…I am.”
- “I go where the love is.”
- “Money/abundance flows effortlessly to me.”